If you’re new to business blogging, then you might like to have a book by your side to use as a resource.Â My new book, Blogging All-in-One for Dummies, is now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and all other online and offline sellers, and it’s a very comprehensive reference tool for any blogger who is still trying to learn his or her way around the blogosphere and social Web.
Blogging All-in-One for Dummies is over 700 pages and is made up of 8 minibooks that teach anything and everything that beginners need to know to become active bloggers who are welcome members of the blogging community.Â When you read this book, you’ll learn how to choose a blogging application, start a blog, publish content, make money from your blog, and grow your blog’s audience.
Business bloggers will be particularly interested in the minibook about business and corporate blogging as well as the minibook about niche blogging, which is essential for businesses who need to raise brand awareness through their blogs, position their brands effectively, and find their target audiences across the social Web in order to deliver their brand messages.Â Since I’m a marketer by profession, much of Blogging All-in-One for Dummies touches on business-related subjects.Â I can’t help myself!
While a book shouldn’t replace your ongoing online learning, they are a great supplemental tool to help learn the basics of blogging.Â My hope is that Blogging All-in-One for Dummies not only teaches the basics of blogging but also teaches bloggers how to set up and maintain successful blogs that enable them to meet their unique blogging goals.
Following is an overview of Blogging All-in-One for Dummies from the back cover:
Prepare to launch into the blogosphere â€” here’s your ticket!
What do you want to tell the world? Get started today with this guide to creating and solidifying your place in the blogosphere. You’ll discover all the strategies and tools you’ll need to launch a blog and get noticed. From selecting a platform and writing your first post to including ads and using Twitter, you’ll be piloting a blog in no time!
- What’s your niche? â€” follow guidelines to choose a niche and set your blog up for success
- Build your business â€” create a business blog marketing plan and choose business bloggers
- Make the right decision â€” select the best blogging applications and blog hosts to meet your goals
- Extend and enhance your blog â€” from optimizing your content for search engines to creating blog feeds, get up to speed on the available tools
- Gain a following â€” discover the secrets of blogging success as you market your blog and build a community
- Show me the money â€” find out how to earn income by adding blog advertising, publishing sponsored reviews, and selling merchandise
- Enter the world of microblogging â€” learn how to create your Twitter profile, follow other users, write and publish tweets, and more
Open the book and find:
- Advice on choosing a blog topic
- The rules of the blogosphere
- Tips on selecting the right blogging application
- How to write to attract search engines
- Ways to analyze your blog’s performance
- How to find and edit images to spice up your posts
- Guidance on creating a podcast or vlog
- Secrets of making money from your blog
8 books in 1
- Joining the Blogosphere
- Niche Blogging
- Corporate and Business Blogging
- Choosing a Blogging Application
- Blogging Tools
- Promoting and Growing Your Blog
- Making Money from Your Blog
- Microblogging with Twitter